Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

17 October 2011

BEAUTY OF PAPER MAKING







HEY! RECYCLING PAPER IS FUN
 Handmade paper is beautiful . The process is simple but messy . BUT... trust me the output is AMAZING. Each sheet is a work of art in itself. You cant stop falling in love with what you've created.
I've experimented with recycling paper at home recently with whatever is available at home.


these are the books that helped me
A simple tip from my experiments : lack of proper deckle and mold should not stop you from  making paper

I have used a simple sieve at home. I also tried a home made deckle and mold but sieve is a better option for beginers ( your paper will be round in shape with the sieve) . I stitched a netted fabric around an old photo frame and used another empty frame as mold.

I have used different papers for pulping . computer paper, news paper, wedding cards , envelopes, produce cartons etc. After the initial learning process, when i made a decent sheet of paper , I dared to experiment.






I've experimented with plant materials in paper . the plant fibers need to be cooked . a big process but the paper is beautiful



Book marks  and cards were my first handmade paper projects. I have plans of books ,folders, and paintings too.


One experiment Ill love to share with you all is the paper made  from  whole leaves. this took a really long three hours time to cook but this is my favorite .look at the transparency . going to use it in a lampshade project

no glue... plant fibers bond magically
lots more to come. I will share the procedure with you soon. with all the interesting stories while making paper


THAT'S ME IN MY KITCHEN .. PULP SPLASHED ALL OVER 




No comments:

Post a Comment